Singapore is undoubtedly one of the most developed and beautiful countries of the world. There’s hardly any traveller who would not love to pay a visit to Singapore. It’s such an amazing place that it’s difficult to cover everything Singapore has to offer with a single visit. A family vacation, especially with kids, could be a source of unlimited fun in this country. The easy availability of transportation system, with English as the prime language, along with a clean environment, help the tourists to make the most of their time even for a short visit.
Flying to Singapore from prominent metro cities in India takes a maximum of six hours by a direct flight. Flight booking is quite easy as several airlines provide direct flights from metros. The Changi Airport of Singapore is a destination itself. It has won several awards for its services, amenities offered and wonderful ambience. Changi has so many things to offer that you would love to spend a considerable amount of time exploring it. Some of the main attractions include the orchid gardens and the Koi pond.
If you are on a short trip to Singapore, keep in mind to grab the best it has to offer.
1. Hop on a bumboat to enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Singapore river while enjoying the sites of the colonial buildings. You can take the night cruise as well in order to avoid the discomfort of heat and sun. But, a day cruise would help you to get a grand view alongside the river.
2. Singapore is a melting pot of different cultures and religions; Chinese, Malay, Islam, Hindu and Eurasian. The history of Singapore traces back to as early as 3rd century. The architectural excellence of all the races has been reflected in the Chinese and Indian Temples and the mosques. A visit to the Chinatown Street Market will be a photographer’s dream come true.
3. Spend at least a full day in Sentosa, an island resort off the coast of Singapore. The Universal Studios, S.E.A Aquarium, Cable Car and Adventure Cove Waterpark would etch their memories in your heart forever. And, pay a quick visit to the Madame Tussauds and Trick Eye Museums.
4. The Cloud Forest, Gardens by the Bay is a jaw-dropping experience. The air-conditioned conservatory includes tropical plants and waterfalls that are worth a visit. It is a whole new modern concept to make Singapore more attractive to the tourists.
5. Singapore Botanic Garden and the Zoo are great attractions for the children. The Botanic Garden is a beautifully designed park with thousands of orchids. You’ll be amazed by their colours and intricacy of designs.
Don’t forget to try the street foods! As I’ve already said, different religion and cultures have made Singapore a true cosmopolitan, and, the fruition of this concoction is best reflected in the cuisines. The Chinatown has a myriad of exotic dishes to offer, the Hawker Centre serves best local dishes. Food reigns as the king among the Singaporean and, it’s a paradise for a gourmet.
The Singapore tour packages have several options to customize your tour. If you happen to spend more than a week in Singapore, I would like to suggest a rather offbeat place, the Haw Par Villa. Located along Pasir Panjang Road, it’s one of the weirdest theme parks containing over 1,000 statues based on Chinese mythology.
Singapore, as a whole, is one of the most coveted destinations in S.E Asia. A country which really knows how to take care of the tourists and how to make their visit a memorable one.
Picture Credit: Wikimedia Commons