The biggest festival of the largest democracy which occurs every five year ( and rarely earlier on Parliamentary demand ) has reached its crescendo . Only a few constituencies of some states are still to witness the holy idol of EVM along with the priests ,who are present to carry out the cumbersome task , normally we call them Presiding officers .
Another election and this time the election is costing the exchequer more than INR 3,500 crores ! Bigger amount than you can imagine ? huh ? Don’t worry , with this amount you’re about to make the future of your beloved country stronger and sharper ( No , it’s not a health drink ad ) . Esteemed leaders representing uncountable parties are waiting eagerly to step on the throne . Surprisingly , all of them are claiming to have the same magic wand with which they would annihilate corruption , words like price-rise and undeveloped are sure to become obsolete , and all women will feel as safe as Blue Whales in the ocean . In lieu of all these great deeds they are demanding just a single thing , a minor one from you…merely a ‘beep’ sound ….your VOTE .
And it’s our duty to cast our vote as diligent and dutiful citizens . Doesn’t matter if your locality suffers from meager supply of water or poor sewage system , doesn’t matter if you experience a roller-coaster ride every time you drive through n numbers of NHs , doesn’t matter if you find it unsafe to let your daughter,sister ,wife travel alone , doesn’t matter if half of the population still lives below the poverty line . Oh ! I forgot ..we’re exercising our voting power to bring change , to make all these basic amenities available , to amend the mistake which we did five years ago .
Do we really have any perfect choice ? Yes yes , I know , ‘perfection’ is an Utopian concept as far as politics is concerned but at least near perfect ?
What about a cursory glance at the leading contestants for the Oscar ?
- Our very own ‘Moun’mohan aka MadamG who has gifted us 2G and 3G and DamadG . ( No , ParleG has no connection with it )
- The Mama’s boy , for whom , innocence and ignorance as well as poverty and unemployment are (2) states of mind and his interviews , especially with Arnab Goswami will make you go ” AWwwww ” !!!
- The Bengal drama queen TheD who is blessed enough to point out Maoists even from Facebook . Not only that , she can sing , she can draw , she can write , she can…yess..you got it..do everything possible for a human being .
- A..N..D here comes MoDG , who has already set himself at the pivotal point of controversy with his comments which , according to his adversaries , are communalSo , The Indian General Election 2014 is leaving us with almost no option but to select and elect one from the above list . And according to Mae West , while choosing between two evils one should try the one that hasn’t been tried before .
Now , make your vote your voice ( may be a muffled one ) and cast it in favour of your favourite symbol ( there are so many symbols starting from cycle to chaddi , so you’ve better options in this field ) .P.S . Someone asked me ,
– Will you vote against corruption ?
– To build up a better nation ?
– On issues about women empowerment and safety ?
-Haha..what a joke ..
-Development and educational issues ???
-Excuse me …
– ( frustrated) Then why will you vote ???
– To put my inked selfie on Facebook and Twitter !!!!!