I was nominated by Anoop to take part in the freestyle writing challenge. Writing for this, was real fun. I never have written so fast since the days I bade a goodbye to exams. Check out Anoop‘s post here.
So, here goes the RULES of this challenge:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
Here goes my entry:
The topic assigned to us was “PETS”
Pets- the word surely rekindles the memories I had with my pet, Chikkush. I’ve written about her in a couple of posts too, here on my blog. Chikkush was a cuddly ball and a member of our family. She was well aware of my every tantrum, ( yes, i had more tantrums than hers at that time). So, every morning, she used to bring the newspaper for me before my father could get a hold of it.
She was amazing in the truest sense. She could realize how much each single guest is welcomed by us and to what extent. And, her ‘bhow-ouu-ou’ clearly reflected her understanding. Thus, she just coughed a little when the maid-servant was there with her broomstick though she had utter disgust for the latter. Because she knew the maid was a great relief to mom. She never barked at the milkman as he used to bring in her daily dose of favourite drink. But, he showed great intolerance for my Physics teacher. 😦 Perhaps, she heard those cussing words which I had for Physics and, she was no great fan of Newton as well. I believe, if given a chance, she would have eaten the apple which instigated Newton to come up with all sorts of intricate laws!
(Time: 5.2 minutes, 210 words)
No. I’m not tagging anyone for the challenge ( Yes, yes, I know you are muttering “good riddance”) 😀